Friday, June 14, 2019

Friday 14 June – Labrador to Cow Head


We had to get up very early this morning in order to be in good time for the ferry back to St. Barbe.  All went well until we reached the ferry terminal when the bus broke down. We walked on to the ferry and took another bus, which was not full and happened to be going to Cow Head as well.
After a good lunch we walked along the shore in good sunny weather. There were many things of interest - snails, clams, barnacles, seaweed and stones with interesting colours and shapes.

As I wandered along the shore I started singing to myself Percy Grainger's "Molly on the Shore".
I have this on my phone and enjoyed listening to the orchestral version while looking around.








I met a man digging for clams. He locates them by the air holes they create although they can be buried quite far down and try to get between stones to make it more difficult to get them out. He gets a small bucket full a day this time of year and eats them deep fried with fries.


Elegant garbage.
Lobster dinner this evening at the hotel


No comments:

Post a Comment